Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

středa, července 21

Sort of like Osama

Tatarsky thought it must be one of those military construction projects begun in the seventies that had failed to save the empire, but had instead shaped the aesthetic of 'Star Wars'. He recalled Darth Vader and his asthmatic wheezing and marvelled at what a wonderful metaphor he was for the career communist: probably somewhere on his starship he had a dialysis machine and two teams of cardiologists, and Tatarsky recalled vaguely that there had been hints at something of the kind in the film. But in his present state thinking about Darth Vader was dangerous.

-- Victor Pelevin, Babylon [Homo Zapiens], 38

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home