Little Yurt on the Steppe

On the road to Cyberia I took a wrong turn and ended up on the Great Eastern Plains. Fortunately, a group of Khalkha nomads took me in and taught me the secrets of life on the steppe. Now, I sit in my yurt, eating mutton dumplings and drinking a weak milk tea as I recount my tales of this Mongolian life.

úterý, května 4

Jo, ale jenom v anglictine, mluvim cesky tak spatne

For those of you who speak Czech or at least understand a little, and knowing my viewership fairly well I'm sure this will be mainly for my amusement, here's a funny article from The Prague Post about the facility with which key Czech politicians avail themselves of the English language.

In fairness, English and Czech are fairly dissimilar languages, and speaking as someone attempting to go from English to Czech at a relatively advanced age in life (for language learning, at least), I can fully empathize with their troubles.

The upshot of this is that I'd better keep my nose to the grindstone studying if I ever hope to have a conversation with a leading Czech politician, lest we be forced to rely on a translator or to seek a more universal language. (Music? Soccer? Beer?)

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home